MIFEGYNE Abortion Pill IN CALIFORNIA
Mifegyne is a medication that is generally used in combination with misoprostol for abortion during pregnancy. During the first 63 days of pregnancy, it has 97% effectiveness. In the second trimester of pregnancy, it is also effective. Verification about its effectiveness should be done two weeks after use. It is an oral medication taken by mouth.
Mifegyne Abortion pill
An anti-hormone medicine acts by blocking the effects of progesterone, a hormone essential for pregnancy to continue. Mifegyne can, therefore, terminate the pregnancy. It can also be used to soften and open the entrance (the cervix) to the womb (uterus).
Mifegyne is recommended for the following indications:
1. If you want medical termination of pregnancy you are required to take this medicine no later than 63 days after the first day of your last period, – in combination with another treatment called prostaglandin (a substance that increases the contraction of the womb) which you are required to take 36 to 48 hours after taking Mifegyne.
2. It is mostly recommended for softening and opening the cervix before surgical termination of pregnancy during the first trimester.
3. It’s also used as a pre-treatment before giving prostaglandins for termination of pregnancy for medical reasons beyond 3 months gestation.
4. In order to induce labour in cases where the fetus has died in the womb and where it is not possible for the doctor to use other medical treatments (prostaglandin or oxytocin).
Mifegyne Abortion pill for pregnancy avoid
Mifepristone at low doses is being used as emergency contraception. It can also be used for early pregnancy loss together with misoprostol. Mifepristone has also been used to treat symptomatic leiomyoma (uterine fibroids)
1. Take 3 tablets of Mifegyne and swallow with some water which you should take in the presence of a doctor in the hospital or clinic.
2. The patient can go home 2 hours after taking the tablets and once your doctor is sure about your wellness.
3. Afterwards, you must visit the hospital within 2 days for a surgical procedure as per your doctor’s guidance. In case of any concern, you should contact the hospital immediately.
The medication has to be taken as per the schedule; it may not work well if you take misoprostol sooner than 24 hours after taking mifepristone or later than 48 hours after taking mifepristone. The patient must follow the doctor’s instructions carefully. In case of heavy vaginal bleeding, don’t assume that an abortion is complete.
Grapefruit juice is not prescribed during this medication, or you are required to take the doctor’s advice.
The patient must contact the doctor for a follow-up visit within 7 to 14 days after taking mifepristone, even if you are not feeling anything abnormal.
In case the medicine proves to be ineffective and the abortion does not occur or is not complete, or you face any serious medical problems, surgery may be required under doctor’s guidance. If the treatment fails and the pregnancy continues until birth, there may be a serious risk of birth defects.
A combination of Mifegyne and prostaglandin is not 100 % effective for termination of pregnancy. The success rate is on an average 95% in case of this situation surgical procedure is required to complete the treatment.
Side Effects Mifegyne tablet
1.Like all medicines, Mifegyne too has a few side effects, although these vary from person to person depending on his overall health.
2. A very common side effect that occurs among more than 1 in 10 patients is uterine contractions or cramping in the hours following prostaglandin intake, effects related to prostaglandin use such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea.
3. Common effects that can be seen in patients are heavy bleeding, urine or uterus infection following abortion, gastrointestinal cramping light or moderate can also be felt.
4. Uncommon effects that occur among more than 1 in 1000 patients but less than 1 in 100 patients are skin rashes and blood pressure fall have been observed.
5. Some side effects that can be seen in patients rarely are headaches, malaise, vagal epidermal necrolysis, and erythema, etc.
6. Very rarely seen side effects are localized swelling of face and/or larynx which can be with urticaria; – Cases of fatal or serious toxic shock caused by infection or any other effect
7. In a rare number of women, especially those who have had an operation on the womb or have had a baby by caesarean, there is a risk that the womb may split or rupture.
Since medicine has its abortifacient properties, mifepristone should never be recommended to a woman with an ongoing pregnancy and who wants to complete it.
The age of the pregnancy of the patient must be determined from the questioning and the clinical examination. Uterine ultrasound is recommended as it can provide the exact information about the pregnancy.
1. Always keep this kind of medication away from the animals and kids.
2. Store it in a cool and dry place and never use an expired or damaged medicine.
3. Use this medication under the prescription from a qualified physician.